- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- www.thelongestwayhome.com reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- www.thelongestwayhome.com is a personal website/blog/journal as such it will not be treated as a commercial venture nor shall it be held responsible for any personal acts pertaining to its content.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to www.thelongestwayhome.com are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will www.thelongestwayhome.com, its author/s, webmaster/s be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- www.thelongestwayhome.com does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
Please refer to www.thelongestwayhome.com copyright statement.
- www.thelongestwayhome.com takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and www.thelongestwayhome.com has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that www.thelongestwayhome.com approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- www.thelongestwayhome.com does display affiliate advertising, direct advertising, affiliate offers, and contextual advertising throughout the site. www.thelongestwayhome.com takes no responsibility for the content of these links and shall not be held liable for any actions that may occur. www.thelongestwayhome.com displays advertising for the purposes of maintaining the website. www.thelongestwayhome.com may, in the future also use funds raised through advertising for travel in relation to running the website.
- www.thelongestwayhome.com shall not be held responsible for any 3rd party comments left on the website. Such comments are the sole responsibility of the original comment submitter. www.thelongestwayhome.com strives to moderate all comments for vulgarity, personal attacks, and or spam. Should you feel aggrieved by any comments written by a 3rd party on www.thelongetwayhome.com then you may contact www.thelongestayhome.com directly. Submitted comments can and will be subject to editing if there is inappropriate content included. This will include offensive language, promotional materials and email addresses made public.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
You personally may opt to give www.thelongestwayhome.com personal information about you, such as your name, your contact email and other contact details when you use the contact form, make a comment or sign up to the newsletter. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter using the link provided in every one sent out and your information is then deleted.
When visitors choose to leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. You may request to see this email address so long as you contact us directly using that email address or can prove otherwise that it is registered to you. You may also request to have your comment and data deleted.
Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer or device type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Digital Services function properly.
Cookies: Cookies are pieces of digital information stored directly on the computer or device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the website , pages visited, language preferences, and other web traffic data. We, and our service providers, use the information for security purposes, to facilitate online navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while using the website, and to otherwise analyze user activity. We also gather statistical information about the usage of our website in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how the website and services it provides are used.
Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the website (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of a marketing campaign, and compile statistics about usage of the website and response rates.
You can learn about Google’s practices in connection with this information collection and how to opt out of it by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How this information is used
www.thelongestwayhome.com may use information we collect to communicate with you, including:
To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or product information, information alerts or information about events.
To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding www.thelongestwayhome.com products and services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
To facilitate social sharing and communications functionality.
Your communication choices:
Receiving electronic communications from www.thelongestwayhome.com or our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive a newsletter you signed up to receive, you may opt out of receiving them by following the opt-out instructions in any newsletter e-mail received from us or by contacting www.thelongestwayhome.com directly.
www.thelongestwayhome.com does not buy or sell email lists whatsoever.
Cross Border Transfers
Privacy of Minors
www.thelongestwayhome.com is not intended for children under the legal age of an adult in the territory where they are legally registered. www.thelongestwayhome.com does not collect personal information from minors.
Rights and Choices
As detailed in the sections above, www.thelongestwayhome.com gives you many choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of information from or about you or your use of this website or services or products. These include:
- Configuring your browser to decline or accept cookies.
- Opting out of analytics tools.
- Opting out of certain electronic communications.
- Opting out of other types of data processing for which you have provided your prior explicit opt-in consent.
- Contacting 3rd parties used on this website who you have submitted your information to.
This section further explains the rights and choices that may apply depending on your jurisdiction.
In certain jurisdictions you may have the rights to request access to and receive information about certain information we maintain about you; update and correct inaccuracies in that information; have the information restricted or deleted; object or withdraw your consent to certain uses of information; and lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data you provided to us. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law.
Any information you give for hotel bookings, flight bookings, affiliate services or guidebook purchases is done so using 3rd party booking, affiliate or e-commerce companies alone. www.thelongestwayhome.com does not directly store any of your data for use of these services therefore in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you should contact those services directly if you wish to retrieve information on what data they may hold.
The information you directly give www.thelongestwayhome.com will never be rented, sold, or shared to third parties.
Social media is used on www.thelongestwayhome.com for the purposes of sharing information found on the website. Companies such as Facebook, Google or Twitter may use their own tracking technology if you are logged into their sites. On www.thelongestwayhome.com no personal identifiable information about you is stored.
Please note that www.thelongestwayhome.com is are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as any other digital sales app, social media platform provider, operating system provider, or wireless service provider, including any information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with www.thelongestwaywayhome.com guides, products or social media pages.
www.thelongestwayhome.com does not accept sponsored or 3rd party articles, text, products or guides.
All comments on www.thelongestwayhome.com are vetted before being approved. In the unlikely event a comment on www.thelongestwayhome.com causes you offence, or if you feel another commenter is harassing you, then feel free to write using the contact form; stating your issues/reasons.
www.thelongestwayhome.com does not engage in spam, email sales lists, or public newsletters of any kind.
Updates to this Policy
You may contact www.thelongestwayhome.com through the contact page.