As I mentioned in a previous update, I wanted the past few months to write a little differently. It was to focus on other people rather than myself, while at the same time expanding the site into some editorial and commentary posts, which I have equally enjoyed.
Brief overview of the past few months:
- Seeing the Unseen series about the people from Mindanao
- Interviews with several high profile travel figures on inspirational travel
- I wrote several travel commentaries such as Google vs Lonely Planet, and a series on Travel Blog ethics (more to come)
- My first e-book (Top places to Travel & Photograph) was published and, is available to all email subscribers for FREE
- New Travel Photo Gallery is at around 90% completion.
Now, it’s time to go back to me, and the journey to find home:
I’ve enjoyed the above, however as I am moving on. I will now be returning to regular travel journal updates on my travel blog page. I will be writing from my own perspective on my travels. And, on how my journey to find home is developing.
New things, and some old:
Here’s how the travel blog page will look for the next while:
- Travel blog entries which I refer to as my journal will continue to detail my personal journey to find a place called home
- I will endeavor to write these entries once a week on average, they will not always be in line with my travel dates so I can take the time to write them properly. Use my twitter account for live entries
- Between each travel journal entry there will be a feature photo article about food from the country I am traveling in. It will be about the real food you will encounter when traveling
- Brief “How to …” guides will appear as they come about to help those looking to travel in the same places I’ve been
- Once or twice a month I will write a commentary / editorial on a popular travel or photographic topic, as I enjoy this
Other updates on the horizon:
- It’s been a long time coming, but my new world travel photography gallery is soon coming online. There will be prints for sale on select photographs. Including collectors editions, and pay per month prints.
- The large photo headers on the website will gradually have names and locations appear.
- A new African update from the past.
- My “Travel Journey’s” page will be getting a complete overhaul and turned into something very different.
- There will be a comprehensive review on online storage for travelers and photographers.
- There will be a new inductee into Great Modern Travelers announced.
Over to you:
Though this is a personal journey, I am well aware that there are now many people reading this website.
So I will ask this, what would you like
From the travel blog or website in general?
Suggestions, tips and comments welcome. Though I can’t promise everything, if there is something glaringly annoying, or something that could be improved. Now would be a good time to let me know.
The road to Davao … across the highlands
Liked this post?
|Never miss a post!
Subscribe to my free newsletter now for weekly updates. (Get my ebook & mobile app for free! )